Monday 25 February 2013

My beginnings

For some time now, I've been looking for a way to be a stay at home mom/wife and still be able to make some money without having to go out and get a traditional job.  I've gone through a few things already, my most expensive attempt being photography. Now although I enjoy photography still, I'll never be talented enough to make good money out of it.  So after doing lots of searching for something hand-crafted that I could make, I'd finally settled on Soy wax candles.

I've been doing lots of reading and trying to track down a good set to start with, when finally I stumbled on a small starter kit on Ebay that seemed just the sort of thing I was looking for.  A couple of votive molds, some Soy wax, wicks, and some colors & scent of my choice.  I'd also joined a forum called Craftsforum.co.uk which has a really great group in the candlemaking section. They've been nothing but helpful and welcoming.  I really look forward to getting to know more people and get some really great advice as I progress through this new challenge.

I've gotten my kit, and my thermometer, done tons of reading, it's now time to melt!

No comments:

Post a Comment