Saturday 4 May 2013

More luminaries

A bit of another update, just to post my most recent efforts.  A friend of a friend requested 2 cream luminaries and I suggested that I'd picked and pressed some wild violets that I could try. She agreed, way hey :)

Lucky I'd ordered and received more wax as I was definitely running a bit low.  I followed the usual techniques that I've laid out earlier in the blog, and was reasonably pleased at how nice they came out, reasonably uniform in shape. Just differing a bit on size really.  The violets were pretty easy to embed into the wax and I have to say they look really great against these cream luminaries.

Just as a bit of a sidenote, if anyone is concerned about using water balloons (which I obviously have to burst to get the luminary free), these water balloons are biodegradable.

Here they are cooling and setting.

Here they are set up with their matching tealights, 3 are apple strudel and spice scented from Candleshack (can you tell I like this scent?) and Asian Pear & Plum from Scent Perfique, which compliments the apple really well.

And finally showing off my favorite of the bunch, which I gifted to my MIL.

Still getting a few things together before I can attempt the hurricane candle mold that I've got, but soon as I get my act together, I'll be showing some of my efforts for those. Watch this space! :)


1 comment: