Wednesday 11 September 2013

Another hurricane, still not quite a success.

Another day, and another trial to get these hurricanes right.  I love embedding things in these hurricanes, I just wish that I could see further into the wax!  If I could get my hands on that transparency additive they sell in the US I'd be so happy, but thus far unable to find someone here who sells it.

Anyway, with this particular hurricane, I tried yet another method of embedding, which was to pour the wax into the mold, place it into the water bath, and as quickly as I can (using long tweesers) placing the items into the wax directly as soon as a wall started to form. Sadly I didn't move fast enough (or this method just won't work) as the items I placed were not close enough to the surface to show properly.

Now don't get me wrong, I like that the end result is this nice, clean hurricane that's hiding all these things underneath, so  you can only see it properly once it's lit. But I don't know if it's autumnal enough, or quite what I had in mind.  More practice needed :(


No comments:

Post a Comment