Tuesday 24 September 2013

On to another design

My goal for my hurricanes this season was to come up with 2 season representative designs for my hurricane candles, that people could look at and say "Yeah, that's Autumn!".  I think I've accomplished that in the two I've done recently.  The previous blog post I did shows the orange/cinnamon/star anise hurricanes I was doing before and succeeded with, and this one I'll focus on the autumn leaves hurricane I've created in the past two days.

The first one I did yesterday was the first I'd tried with real autumn leaves, and you better believe they were VERY contrary, they just would not stay where I wanted them to.  I did my best getting them to stay and gave it a go.  Needless to say it wasn't 100% what I had in mind, I was frustrated that the leaves weren't as close to the front as I'd hoped. But when lit up it looked amazing, loads of layers which showed up really well.


However I got spectacular response to that particular hurricane, so much so that I decided to have another go at it today. This time I took far more time getting the leaves "just so", and have them stay in place.  I am so pleased with this particular one, the colors are wonderful and it glows really well while lit. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!


My next plan now is to make a few more of these for stock to sell at the Sparkle charity craft fayre which will be in Cwmbran on Oct 26th, where I'll finally be selling!  I hope if you're in the area of Cwmbran here in Wales, that you'll stop by and see my work in person :)



No comments:

Post a Comment