Monday 1 April 2013

2 different candles on the same day!

Yep, a continuation of the post from earlier today.  I decided to have a go at a slightly different method to creating this particular candle.  I decided to reduce my melting temp to 80, added fragrance at 78, and then poured at 65 into a heated container.  I used red dye chips and Sensory Perfection's Wild Berry scent.

I'm really unhappy with this red dye that I got from 4candles, it just WILL NOT melt entirely into the wax, it keeps leaving little red particles of dust throughout the wax. and no matter what I do, they just will not dissolve into the wax.  Very frustrating, I may have to source red dye elsewhere, as otherwise I've been very happy with the dyes from 4candles.  So I've ended up with a rather Barbie pink candle which is seriously grossing me out lol

However I'm extremely happy with the cold scent throw from the Wild Berry scent from this particular candle, I can smell it at distance, which is very nice.

final product, uggh the pink...hopefully the hot throw will make up for it

watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment