Monday 29 April 2013

Due for another luminary update!

OK so here it is, another update on my luminary journey.  I've done 3 lots of luminaries since I finished the last batch.  My MIL has received her 12 luminaries that she asked for as gifts, and I've also finished making the ones for others who requested them. Making a grand total of 16!

These are the neutral cream ones I made, matching tealights of a similar color, scented with Apple Strudel & spice.  I think these were my favorite :)

The controversial purple/pink color! Many seemed to like it with the minority (including myself) not caring for the color.  Matching tealights scented with Black Pomegranate - I think I've decided that I don't care for the scent so won't be using it again.

And the final lot, also a bit controversial in it's way. Many seemed to prefer the flowers to be more prominent where others were happier with them blending in like they do here.  But I really love the deep red color I got with these, and the matching Wild Berry tealights (2 were actually Orange & Cinnamon as requested).



I've no more requests for these so I've ordered more paraffin wax and I'm now going to be experimenting with my new hurricane mold. These will be so much more customisable and I think they'll do very well. I can't wait to share my experiences with these!

2 comments:

  1. is the BP scent a CS one? me and hubby found it too masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer: Yes this is a CS one. I didn't enjoy it either to be honest so won't be doing any more of that scent lol Reminds me of a soap...

    ReplyDelete