Monday 29 April 2013

While I'm waiting, more scented soy candles!

I decided while I was waiting for my paraffin wax to arrive, to have another go with making some soy votive container candles & experiment with another scent - Patchouli Nutmeg & Ginger from Scent Perfique.

I followed my usual technique I'd adjusted to recently, heating to 80C, adding scent & 70 and then pouring at 65.  This time I didn't use any color dye as I couldn't decide what would be a suitable color for this fragrance...and thought perhaps a classic uncolored candle would suit the scent very well.  I think I chose correctly but we'll see how it goes.

I've got 2 different wicks in these, one is CSN -16 from 4candles, the other is TB-14 from Candleshack.

Lots more still to come, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment