Saturday 9 March 2013

Finally the day has come!

Thanks to a really great lady on craftsforum (you know who you are, thanks!) I was able to FINALLY melt some wax and get some candles curing to test in a few days.

My planned settings were to make 3 votives using Summer Meadow scent from Scent Perfique, 375g of wax, and 4g of Green color chips.

Process was I heated up the wax & color chips to 84C, cooled to 82C and then added scent.  I stirred in the scent for a few minutes then left to cool to 65C, then poured into heated molds.



Things did NOT go to plan however, because some time into the melting process I realized that I'd melted enough wax for 6 votives, not 3 as I intended...oops! My math skills yet again equal an EPIC fail.  So I got far more candles than I intended.  Upside is I got to put all 4 types of wick I bought into the votives to test all at once, I'm putting 1 wick each of CSN 14 & 16, LX 14, and ECO 6 to test this time round.


I also made it far darker than I intended.  So next time I'll underestimate what I need and go from there.  Disadvantage of them being so dark is I can see some frosting on the wax which is a tad bit annoying.  Also, so far the cold throw is pretty underwhelming so I'm not really expecting very much from this batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment