Tuesday 12 March 2013

Testing time!

And we're off!  Testing my first set of votives with my very own supplies, nice narrow votive holders, and the 4 types of wick that I've bought for this time round.

I'm testing 4 of the 6 soy votives that I made a few days back, using CSN 14 & 16, LX-14, and ECO-6 wicks. I'm not really testing for hot throw yet simply because I can't SMELL anything at the moment, but my husband could smell it when he came in which tells me that there is a hot scent throw coming off them.


And we're off!


All the initial melt pools a little off center for some reason, I used wick pins for all these votives so not sure why they're melting off center.  Initially I'm favoring the LX-14 by looks alone.

Alternate view

In this photo, so far the LX-14 is the only one who hasn't leaked wax down the sides of the holders and filled the container, so still favoring this one.
 This view also shows the LX-14 being a slower burner without having a weak flame.

So my conclusion at this point is I've basically ruled out the CSN-16 as it was just too aggressive from the start.  However for the other three there's not much in it.  All three had a pretty steady flame, not too large or small, and none drowned in the wax.  These three also seem to burn at the same rate with not much between them.  So more testing needed using these 3 wicks, and this time I'll be testing their hot scent throw in addition to how they burn.

 Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment