Thursday 14 March 2013

Testing "Lifestyle Photography"

Since I'm still down with a cold and can't smell anything at the moment, I'm back in research mode until I'm able to test the hot throw on my most recent candles.

Having done some research into some websites where I might sell my candles, I noticed that there seemed to be a requirement on all of them to present your products using "lifestyle photography", in other words, presenting your candles in a "real life" situation in a controlled setting.  In simple terms, dressing up your product other than just taking a quick snap of it with no effort taken at all.

Having never tried this sort of photography, preferring wildlife photography really, I decided to have a go at setting up a little scene with the candles I'm waiting to test, and some bits and pieces I had around the house.  I used the natural morning light coming from the back patio doors, some white paper, a red pillar candle I was gifted with some time ago, a plant basket that I've a hyacinth growing in at the moment, and some flowers from a bouquet I had in a vase.






I think I like this one above and the one below the best of the lot

 

No comments:

Post a Comment